The first few days in the hospital were some pretty dark days for me, everything was so unknown we were just waiting to see what was going to happened with Paisley. It seemed like I was going to be in the hospital FOREVER!!
The next morning my Dr. came to check on me and fill me in on what went on during surgery. He said that my uterus had ruptured in the back and Paisley had fell through the back. He said he tried to save my uterus and that in a year or two they can go in and see if it healed enough to have more kids. This is the one thing that I still can not talk about or think about, I know that the possibility of having more kids is very low Jeff and I always wanted a big family. But I know that the Lord has blessed us so much already that what ever is right will happen. I'm so grateful that my Dr. even attempted to save my uterus all the nurses kept saying how impressed they were that he did that, the easy thing would have been to remove my uterus.
My mom stayed with me most of the time Jeff stayed one night with me but other than that he was at the hospital with Paisley. I was glad but I missed them both so much! I was in SO much pain. I was recovering from 2 births it felt like, I was sore from pushing and sore from the C-section and plus I had had major surgery in repairing my uterus. It was going to be a LONG recovery. It was heaven sent having my nurse mom stay with me. She knew all the questions to ask :)
My mom also made sure my room had the most flowers, she came in and made it pretty with flowers and pictures of Paisley. I was blessed with the most wonderful day nurse Mary for 3 days. She was so NICE! I was famous, everyone seemed to have been there or heard about what had happened that night. We had random nurses and Drs coming in to see how I was doing just cause they had heard what had happened. I was a close call that night. We still don't know alot that went on that night, the saddest thing is that a few days later Jeff called to see what time Paisley was born and how long she was. We didn't even know that information for the insurance company. So a nurse came and gave me all that info.
Everyone wanted to know how baby was, it got really old actually cause we had no news to update so it was hard when everyone wanted to know how baby was. I am so thankful for all the love and support that I received while in the hospital all the visits, gifts and prayers it was so nice! Lindsey came and brought Liberty to see me everyday. It was so good to see her for a few hours during the day. My mom pampered me and waited on me hand and foot, it was great :) My dad was also wonderful and came to check up on me everyday sometimes even twice a day :) Really I can't thank you all enough for all the love and support. My goal was to be out of the hospital by Friday everyone kinda laughed at me, but that was the day Paisley was going to be waking up from the therapy and I wanted to be there! So everyday I tried to stand and walk. Boy was that the hardest thing I have ever done! It hurt so bad! In order to leave I needed to be able to go to the bathroom and walk on my own without feeling lightheaded. My blood levels kept dropping ever day, and they talked about having to do another blood transfusion. Luckily they don't like to do another one if they don't have to. I reached the boarder line for having to do another one, I was at 8.3 and anything under 8 they have to do another one. So I was low but at least I stopped dropping and stayed at the 8.3. I was also having ZERO luck in the bathroom department haha. I hate to get to personal it was very embarrassing for me, but I could NOT PEE for the life of me. They took out my catheter multiple times and every time I failed to go and it had to be put back in. Friday came and it looked like I was not going home, but again by some miracle they let me go home. I left with a catheter strapped to my leg but I was going home, well to PCH but that was home to me that's where my husband and baby were!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!
Post a Comment