Finding out I was pregnant this time around was an amazing experience and one I don't want to forget. Baby hunger had set in pretty bad around here and finally after months of Jeff begging me to go to the Doctor I finally made an appointment to get my IUD taken out and to find out if more children were possible for us. I have been wanting a baby for a LONG time but making that appointment was so hard for me, I didn't want to hear bad news so for now no news was good enough for me, that still left hope. Well I went in to get my IUD taken out and then set an appointment for the next week to get an ultrasound done to make sure my old uterus was up to the task of carrying another child. My Doctor gave us encouragement saying if he did as good of a job as he thinks he did repairing my uterus we should be ok to get pregnant but of course getting an ultrasound was a good idea just to be safe.
It ended up that my ultrasound was the day before my mom went in for her hysterectomy surgery. I sent her a text from the doctors office saying isn't kinda funny that I'm going to see if I can have more babies the day before you take your uterus out. haha Well we had the ultrasound done, and just like most people when they hear my story the ultrasound tech was surprised with our out come and said she would be surprised if I would be able to carry another baby. My high hopes lowered a little bit after that. We met with my doctor right after the ultrasound the first thing he said when he walked in was well we have some things to talk about. He said that from the ultrasound my uterus looked like it had healed very nice and he would be okay with giving us the thumbs up to try to get pregnant. He then said but we did notice something else in the ultrasound that we need to talk about. He said i have something called poly cystic ovary syndrome (pcos). He said it's one of the most common causes of infertility in women. I had heard of this, I know MANY friends who have this and who have been trying for years to get pregnant. My high hopes at this point went flying out the door. I was doing all I could to hold in the tears. On the medical side he said that we could use fertility treatments to try to conceive if we were not able to on our own. His advise was to make an appointment for 6 weeks out and if I hadn't had a period by then we could talk about options. The whole time I can only think about the non-medical side of this. Maybe this was a sign that it wasn't a good idea. Maybe this was Heavenly Father saying don't do it, it's not going to have a good outcome. Plus during all of this Jeff was SMILING while talking to the doctor, I wanted to hurt him! haha Just kidding not really but I knew what he was thinking. Jeff has always been more hesitant about having more kids than I have. I don't blame him one bit. He always says: Amy, you weren't on the other side, all of sitting in that waiting room thought you were going to die. I don't want to lose my wife or a baby. I feel the same way. I don't want another baby just to die in child birth and leave my children without a mother. But i still have hope and knew my Heavenly Father had a plan for our family. We left the doctors office and I the minute the car door shut I lost it. I cried all the way to my moms where we told her the news. I knew it was going to take a lot of prayers from everyone to know what we should do.
It actually became a blessing having my mom be in the hospital for so long right after we found out about all of this. It kept my mind from dwelling on the pain and the thought of not being able to have another baby. One night while I was staying with my mom I just had a feeling that I was ovulating. Which is very rare for me, I never know when that is happening. Well last minute Kelsey was able to come stay the night with my mom so I was able to go home and be with my husband....
A few weeks after this 13 days to be exact I was reading my scriptures that morning and came across a verse that jumped out to me. Well jump back a few days, in church we had a lesson about trails and faith and we read in Ether 12: talking about faith and after the trail of our faith do we see the miracles. That gave me so much peace. I came home and shared it with Jeff. We both felt peace and thought, this is just a small time in our life that our faith is going to be tested. But we can over come this. Well this morning I went back to that chapter and kept reading I came across the verse that says those who have faith see miracles, and those who do not have faith see no miracles. I felt such joy! I thought to myself I may not be perfect but one thing I do have is faith. I always know Heavenly Father is there for me and if providing the best for me. I felt such happiness that morning as I was cleaning up the house. It was a Saturday and Jeff was at work. All of the sudden the thought came to me. Take a pregnancy test. I thought your crazy there is no way! The thought kept coming to me, so finally I went to go look in the bathroom and sure enough I had a pregnancy test. So I took it, all alone in the bathroom. It was one of the digital test, and it didn't take even take a minute it popped up pregnant!! I was in shock! All I could do was pace around my bedroom smiling from ear to ear. Then I said a pray and just CRIED! Why, why do you love me so much. The peace and thought of you silly girl, I wanted you to have this baby for a long time I just needed you to give me all your faith. I called out the girls and said: Girls get dressed we are going to see Daddy at work!! I never want to forget moments like this in our life when the love from our Heavenly Father and Savior are sooo strong. I really think this was all for Jeff, he needed the absolute assurance that this baby was supposed to happen. I'm also glad for the experience. The lord loves us, and I'm not saying trails won't and don't happen but for us, we didn't need to wait for this one. Our Miracle was brought to pass very quickly.
It actually became a blessing having my mom be in the hospital for so long right after we found out about all of this. It kept my mind from dwelling on the pain and the thought of not being able to have another baby. One night while I was staying with my mom I just had a feeling that I was ovulating. Which is very rare for me, I never know when that is happening. Well last minute Kelsey was able to come stay the night with my mom so I was able to go home and be with my husband....
A few weeks after this 13 days to be exact I was reading my scriptures that morning and came across a verse that jumped out to me. Well jump back a few days, in church we had a lesson about trails and faith and we read in Ether 12: talking about faith and after the trail of our faith do we see the miracles. That gave me so much peace. I came home and shared it with Jeff. We both felt peace and thought, this is just a small time in our life that our faith is going to be tested. But we can over come this. Well this morning I went back to that chapter and kept reading I came across the verse that says those who have faith see miracles, and those who do not have faith see no miracles. I felt such joy! I thought to myself I may not be perfect but one thing I do have is faith. I always know Heavenly Father is there for me and if providing the best for me. I felt such happiness that morning as I was cleaning up the house. It was a Saturday and Jeff was at work. All of the sudden the thought came to me. Take a pregnancy test. I thought your crazy there is no way! The thought kept coming to me, so finally I went to go look in the bathroom and sure enough I had a pregnancy test. So I took it, all alone in the bathroom. It was one of the digital test, and it didn't take even take a minute it popped up pregnant!! I was in shock! All I could do was pace around my bedroom smiling from ear to ear. Then I said a pray and just CRIED! Why, why do you love me so much. The peace and thought of you silly girl, I wanted you to have this baby for a long time I just needed you to give me all your faith. I called out the girls and said: Girls get dressed we are going to see Daddy at work!! I never want to forget moments like this in our life when the love from our Heavenly Father and Savior are sooo strong. I really think this was all for Jeff, he needed the absolute assurance that this baby was supposed to happen. I'm also glad for the experience. The lord loves us, and I'm not saying trails won't and don't happen but for us, we didn't need to wait for this one. Our Miracle was brought to pass very quickly.
2 comments:
Amy, I've been studying to become a doula and wanted to go back and read about your birth with your second so help me understand ways to help women. Anyways, On the way to finding your poat about her birth I saw this and wanted to read this. I'm in just in tears, you are an amazing woman! I am so happy for you, thanks for sharing your story and testimony. ❤
Amy, I've been studying to become a doula and wanted to go back and read about your birth with your second so help me understand ways to help women. Anyways, On the way to finding your poat about her birth I saw this and wanted to read this. I'm in just in tears, you are an amazing woman! I am so happy for you, thanks for sharing your story and testimony. ❤
Post a Comment