Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Williamson Farm

Saturday we drove out to Maricopa to help plant the Williamson family garden. I guess some member is renting out his land for people to plant gardens and Jeff's family decided to jump on that opportunity, I'm so excited, we have been wanting to plant a garden but we are not allowed to here on campus so we are very excited to apart of this.  We had a great time and are excited to see the "fruits of our labor" haha
 
Before
After! We planted: Tomatoes, green onion, red onion, squash, cantaloupe, watermelon and zucchini. There could be more but that's all I can think of. 


Liberty did pretty good. It was cold and early but she was happy for the most part, she got a little sick of it towards the end. 
Liberty and I working hard! 
Grandma and Tyler planting 
Jeff was our Man power :) 


 Liberty breaking in her new super cute sun hat! 

5 comments:

Brooke said...

haha you look so cute working that rake/hoe with Liberty "hangin" out with you. That is exciting indeed, what are you growing? I expect to see all the garden stages :) oh and thank you for helping me with my disaster! and for thinking my hair looks good now haha

5littlenordstroms said...

Ahh that looks so fun. I am really looking forward to getting outside to plant our garden too but there is still snow on the ground here. Ugh!

Sarah said...

Great pictures Amy! I think I might steal a couple to put on my blog!

Kim Watson said...

Wow, what a great idea! I haven't heard yet that you all were doing that. So...do they have someone water it for you? Do you have to drive all the way over there to pull weeds and stuff? Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
You're looking great, btw!

Ashley said...

I still can't believe you guys were out there when we were! See you at the farm!!!!