Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Campers

Who am I? Camping with a baby?! I would have NEVER done any of the things I've done with Kenley as a baby with my other kids. In fact when Paisley was a baby I made Jeff do a day trip to the cabin with his family because I refused to spend the night in the cabin. A cabin... In doors, heat, water, bathrooms...
Ok so I did sleep in my Dad's RV this trip, but still I was so proud of my self. Dang postpartum depression has robbed me from all these fun experiences in the past but I am so thankful that it has not been that way this time. Any who that's a whole other post on it's own.  

The weekend before mason left on his mission we were able to take one last family vacation. It was a quick over night camping trip but it was so much fun, beautiful location and amazing weather. 


I think one of the best things to do as a kid is to camp! It is totally their element and it is so fun to watch them run around and get dirty! Our girls had a blast with cousins and family. 
 I'd camp every day of my life if I didn't have to sleep. haha I LOVE camping but absolutely hate sleeping while camping. The nights are long and horrible sleeping in a tent with kids. Some how, I convinced Jeff to sleep in the tent with the girls while Kenley and I slept in the RV with my dad. It made it bearable. 
Reggie picked the camping spot and it was perfect! There was a near by lake that we spent both days playing in the water, rafting and fishing. It's safe to say fun was had by all who attended this camping trip. Can't wait to go back! 

No comments: